Thursday, August 18, 2011

my wedding | my wedding day | my wedding photos


my wedding photos

We only intend on doing it the once, which means we only have to plan for it the once. And thank god for that, because wedding planning is a properly daunting prospect. I know this, as I'm in the midst of it myself.

What I can tell you off the bat is that we have both the ceremony and reception venues booked. The reception venue, in particular, turned out to be something of an early wedding gift, thanks to the fact a family member works there and got the hire fee waivered. Bonus! They're also in the minority of venues who don't charge for corkage - and that is not to be underestimated when working on a budget.

At the time of writing, meanwhile, we're currently trying to decide what sort of entertainment to go for. Live music? A disco? A bit of both perhaps? It's an important one to get right - after all, the one thing we've remembered throughout is that a wedding presents everyone with an excuse for a good old-fashioned knees-up.